EHA - ELECTRONIC SIGNATURE AND FILING
"Communication" means any written form or filing, or other written communication. "Electronic Signature" means any electronic identifier intended by the person using it to have the same force as a manual signature.
The acceptance of an electronic signature from parents or guardians of a student is permitted. An electronic signature will have the full force and effect of a manual signature if the electronic signature satisfies the following requirements:
- It is unique to the person using it;
- It is capable of verification; and
- It conforms to all other provisions of this policy.
Any electronic communication files with the district will be given the full force and effect of a paper communication if the following conditions are met:
- If the communication is an electronic filing or recording, this district agrees to accept or send such communication electronically;
- If a signature is required on the communication by any statue, rule, or regulation or the applicable law, the electronic signature on the communication conforms to Maine law; and
- The electronic communication and electronic signature on that communication conforms to all other provisions of this policy.
- The Superintendent or designee may, at their discretion, request that an original of the electronic communication, signed by hand, be forwarded to the district in a timely manner.
- The district will accept and issue electronic communications only if such communications conform to any formatting requirements associated with them.
- The Superintendent or designee is authorized to establish additional rules, practices, or guidelines associated with accepting electronic communications.
- June 14, 2011
- June 11, 2013