JJIG - ATHLETIC POLICY EVALUATION OF COACHES
All head coaches shall be evaluated by the Athletic Administrator and/or the Superintendent's designated evaluator. The procedure for evaluation is as follows:
- Head coaches (Varsity Level):
- A pre-season meeting between the Athletic Administrator and/or designated evaluator and the head coach at which time written goals and objectives will be stated, discussed, and acknowledged.
- A post-season meeting at which time the Athletic Administrator and/or designated evaluator will give the head coach a written evaluation to be reviewed, discussed and acknowledged.
- Evaluations of head coaches shall be performed on an annual basis and shall be completed no later than eight weeks after the end of the season (four weeks in the case of a coach of a spring sport). The. Evaluation instrument shall indicate whether the Athletic Administrator and/or designated evaluator will recommend that the Head Coach return for another year.
- Appeal of evaluations shall be, first, to the Principal; second, the Superintendent.
- The decision of the Superintendent is final.
- Assistant Coaches (Junior Varsity, Freshman, Middle School):
- The head coach or designated evaluator will evaluate each assistant coach on an annual basis. The head coach will present to the assistant coach a written evaluation to be reviewed and discussed.
- The head coach or designated evaluator will submit the assistant coach's evaluation to the Athletic Administrator within four weeks of the close of a season (two weeks in the case of a spring sport).
- Appeals of Assistant Coach evaluation shall be to the Athletic Administrator.
- Designated evaluators will be recommended by the appropriate principal and Athletic Administrator to be approved by the Superintendent.
- All final evaluation documents will be placed in the personnel file of the coach located at the Central Office.
- May 14, 2002
- June 10, 2003