BBAB-R - STUDENT SCHOOL BOARD REPRESENTATIVE POLICY GUIDELINES
The following procedure shall be used in the selection and participation of student representatives to the School Board.
- Each April the Principal will notify sophomore students of the process for Student School Board Representative selection through advisory or other appropriate means.
- Applicants will submit a brief essay expressing their reasons for applying and the contribution they hope to make.
- All applications shall be reviewed by a selection committee composed of the Principal, the Superintendent, the School Board Chair and/or Vice Chair, one or both current Student Board members and a faculty member or members.
- The selection committee may, in its discretion, choose to interview finalists before their decision is made.
- The selection committee may, in its discretion, choose to leave the position vacant.
School board students-elect are encouraged to attend School Board meetings and educate themselves on the role of board members in the months after they are elected before the end of the school year.
- Beginning at the start of the school year, a School Board Student Representative will attend monthly business meetings and other workshops and committee meetings as designated and applicable.
- School Board student representatives are responsible for preparing any needed materials meetings, and for responding to and sending necessary emails. This could include presentations, research, or statements.
- School Board student representatives are responsible for keeping the student advisory council updated as to give updates on what is going on within the School Board and what the School Board has recently accomplished.
The rules of the substance abuse policy and academic eligibility apply. Student representatives will adhere to School Board rules for conduct and board policy and procedure.
- 20-A MRSA ¶ 1001 (1A)
- April 10, 2007
- March 8, 2022